[talk-au] Australian Historical Maps (Was: Re: 'Break in' the list)

Ian Sergeant isergean at hih.com.au
Sun Jul 29 23:30:57 BST 2007

"Franc Carter" <franc.carter at gmail.com> wrote on 29/07/2007 10:24:30 PM:

> Be a bit carefull using these, some of them are from the early
> 1950's so I assume
> are still under copyright
>
> cheers

If they are government publications, we can go up to 1957 production date.
All the ones on the library site seem to be prior to 1957, and government
produced.  I may even guess that they only have the ones online that are no
longer in copyright, as the newer ones aren't available.

If they are private publications, then we need to look at the death of the
author - which could be hard to ascertain.  Best to stick to the Dept of
Lands ones I think.

Ian.