[talk-au] Hi from Adelaide

Tue Nov 27 14:43:22 GMT 2007

Hi everyone,

I'm Cameron - from Adelaide. Is anyone else mapping Adelaide on the mailing
list? I think there's only one other person anyway heh.

I joined the OSM community when I found that the price of a garmin GPS map
is almost the same as the GPS unit itself! I've been mapping Adelaide,
primarily from yahoo imagery and local knowledge of street names. Currently
I have most main roads near the city complete and am working on residential
streets around where I live and regularly travel.

I have little interest in country areas as there is a free-as-in-beer map
for Garmin GPS units that's created from 1:250,000 data which is fine for
basic navigation in most rural areas, however isn't very useful in the city.
I am however thinking of mapping some of the walking trails around the
Adelaide hills.

~Cameron