[talk-au] Hi from Adelaide

Kim Hawtin kim.hawtin at adelaide.edu.au
Wed Nov 28 00:40:38 GMT 2007

Hi Cameron,

Cameron wrote:
> I'm Cameron - from Adelaide. Is anyone else mapping Adelaide on the mailing
> list? I think there's only one other person anyway heh.

I've done some edits around Adelaide, the freeway, Woodside and Mount Barker.

> I joined the OSM community when I found that the price of a garmin GPS map
> is almost the same as the GPS unit itself! I've been mapping Adelaide,
> primarily from yahoo imagery and local knowledge of street names. Currently
> I have most main roads near the city complete and am working on residential
> streets around where I live and regularly travel.

Theres some nice work going on there =)

> I have little interest in country areas as there is a free-as-in-beer map
> for Garmin GPS units that's created from 1:250,000 data which is fine for
> basic navigation in most rural areas, however isn't very useful in the city.
> I am however thinking of mapping some of the walking trails around the
> Adelaide hills.

I have a bunch of trails around Adelaide and the hill, from my usb-gps
thingy with gpsdrive but haven't managed to get a sane conversion to
.gpx format with gpsbabel yet... Any ideas?

regards,

Kim
--
Community Wireless Miniconf Coordinator