[talk-au] Hi from Adelaide

Wed Nov 28 23:00:14 GMT 2007

On 28/11/2007, Neil Penman <ianaf4you at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Cameron wrote:
> > I joined the OSM community when I found that the
> price of a garmin GPS
> > map is almost the same as the GPS unit itself!
>
> Have you managed to use any of your OSM maps for
> routing on your garmin yet?
>
> Regards
> Neil

Neil,
No I haven't, the only tool I've seen to do it is cgpsmapper which is not
open source, and you need a paid version of it to create routable maps.

On 28/11/2007, Kim Hawtin <kim.hawtin at adelaide.edu.au> wrote:

> Cameron wrote:
> > I'm Cameron - from Adelaide. Is anyone else mapping Adelaide on the
> mailing
> > list? I think there's only one other person anyway heh.
>
> I've done some edits around Adelaide, the freeway, Woodside and Mount
> Barker.

Cool! The freeway is important. I've upgraded it to dual carriageway up to
the Crafers exit so far :) I've noticed those islands of mapping at Woodside
and Mt Barker too :)

> I am however thinking of mapping some of the walking trails around the
> > Adelaide hills.
>
> I have a bunch of trails around Adelaide and the hill, from my usb-gps
> thingy with gpsdrive but haven't managed to get a sane conversion to
> .gpx format with gpsbabel yet... Any ideas?
>
> regards,
> Kim

Not really, what format are the tracks in currently? Perhaps you could try
asking on the main osm mailing list.

~Cameron