[talk-au] Hi from Adelaide

Thu Nov 29 08:14:09 GMT 2007

Hi Jack!

The Lefevre peninsula wasn't me, that was someone else, and was there before
I even started with OSM I think. My current work has been in the eastern
suburbs and a little bit to the north. Woodside, Mt Barker and out that way
has been Kim.

To get the maps onto a GPS, I've downloaded the .img files already processed
by a friendly person called stevez -
http://users.tpg.com.au/users/stevez/OSM/ Then used an application called M3
to import it into Mapsource and then transferred it to the GPS.

To use M3 you have to rename the files you download from Stevez' site
(details -
http://www.gpsaustralia.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3086#post19745 ) then
you have to download M3. Unfortunately this requires you to register for an
account on the maker's forums before you're able to download it - it's free
and requires only a couple of minutes and a valid email address, but it's a
bit of a pain. The forum thread is here -
http://www.malsingmaps.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=25
If anyone can recommend a similar, easy to use, free product, I'd be happy
to try it out.

If you don't want to view it in Mapsource, you can just use Sendmap which is
a whole lot easier.

~Cameron