[talk-au] Victorian Group? - Any links?

Brett Henderson brett at bretth.com
Wed Sep 19 01:43:21 BST 2007

Hi Mike,

Welcome aboard.

As you've discovered, the main guide is the Australian Roads Tagging
page.  With a bit of luck we can keep the amount of deviation between
states to a minimum given the relatively small number of mappers we
currently have in Australia.

There is a Victoria page created by Glen Pringle on the wiki here:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/WikiProject_Victoria%2C_Australia
but it hasn't seen much activity other than Glen's work and there hasn't
been an update since mid July.

Having said that, there are a number of mappers in Victoria but I
haven't checked on recent activity to see who is still active.  I
initially mapped the Melbourne city grid and some freeways before
concentrating on my local suburb of Hillside but I have done very little
recently due to lack of time.

I have a recent planet file with user names included.  When I get a
chance I'll run a report on it to generate a list of users (with public
edits enabled) who have edited in each state of Australia.  It should be
interesting.

Cheers,
Brett