[talk-au] [OpenStreetMap] blackadder sent you a new message

Brent Easton b.easton at exemail.com.au
Wed Sep 19 13:51:47 BST 2007

>What designation should I give the M1 highway as it passes through
>towns? Is it
>highway=highway, trunk, motorway or primary?

Only use highway=motorway if it retains its motorway like features while passing through the town (2 lanes divided, 110 km/h, limited access, no lights). Otherwise it would change to Trunk for the portion through the town.

If it bypasses the town, then the old highway would probably be Primary, or even secondary of it is not used much anymore (e.g. small town).

Cheers,
Brent.
Brent Easton
Analyst/Programmer