[talk-au] GPX editor

Stephen Hope slhope at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 02:44:20 BST 2007

Can anybody recommend an editor for use on GPX files?  Not tracks, just
waypoints.

I have discovered that my GPS saved the raw GPS data once a second for most
of a trip from Brisbane via Goondawindi, Dubbo, Parkes to Canberra, then
back again via Bathurst, Jenolan Caves, Blue Mountains, Wisemans ferry and
back up the coast highway, with a little sidetrip near Bellingen/Dorigo.  It
tracked the main roads pretty well, but I wasn't expecting it, so I didn't
keep notes on which roads were used in towns, etc.  However, the GPS was
left on while sitting still for quite some time at a few places, so I'd like
to remove some excess points before trying to upload the tracks or pass them
on to somebody to use.  And maybe break some some of the tracks up into
smaller pieces before the upload - some of them are quite big.

Stephen Hope