[talk-au] Roundabout tagging

Ian Sergeant isergean at hih.com.au
Thu Sep 20 04:14:26 BST 2007

b.easton at uws.edu.au wrote:

> I don't believe they give us anything at all, apart from a slightly
> different display on the current renderers. There is no reason why a
> future renderer won't display them exactly the same, as
> functionally, I see no difference. End-use software like navigators
> will (should!) treat a single node roundabout identically to a small
> wayed roundabout.

That Australian mini_roundabouts look different to UK mini_roundabouts
belongs on the Australian specific page, I think.

Whether junction=roundabout is a useful tag at all, and whether it adds
anything to OSM mapping, is not really an Australian specific issue.  I
think it would be out of place on an Australian specific tags page,
regardless of the validity of the argument.

Ian.