[talk-au] Roundabout tagging

Lachlan Rogers lachlan at rogers.name
Thu Sep 20 05:18:08 BST 2007

I am quite happy with the guideline that 'a mini-roundabout is within
the normal width of the road'.  This is basically how I have been
using mini-roundabout anyway.

For any larger roundabouts, I think there is value in making a
separate way tagged as junction=roundabout.  Essentially, if a
roundabout is wider than the normal width of the road then it is
useful for a map to indicate the area used up by the roundabout.

On a related note, I personally preferred the pre-osmarender5
rendering of mini roundabouts.  The new version (a blue circle with
arrows) does not blend with the map as nicely, and has the arrows
going the wrong way for Australia!  See
http://www.informationfreeway.org/?lat=-35.270254026607894&lon=149.12282792097145&user=latch&zoom=17&layers=B000F000

Does anyone else have this problem for Australian mini-roundabouts?

- Lachlan