[talk-au] Duplicating / Creating Roundabouts?

Michael Lenser mlenser at spamcop.net
Fri Sep 21 15:46:26 BST 2007

    Recently I came across  a "Duplicate Way" Plugin for JOSM by Brent
Easton while searching the net for help on the JOSM Duplicate way tool
on the menu and I find his plugin very useful. The reason I was
looking for information on the "Duplicate Way" tool was I wanted an
easier method to create several roundabouts in an area of consistent
size. I cannot find any easy option myself and I find making good
consistent roundabouts difficult so when I make a good one I would
love to be able to copy it.

  Would it be possible for someone to make a modified "Duplicate Way
Plugin" that allow the user to copy a completed roundabout just
stripping the tagging (or some of the tagging) and placing at the
pointer location selected.

   Even more useful (at least for me) would be a roundabout plugin
based similarly to the "Align Nodes in a circle" tool. I envisage the
tool would (when activated) ask the amount of nodes and diameter of
the roundabout in meters and place it at the mouse pointer.

Is there any advice on min/max nodes to use to make roundabouts that
render well?

I have only been using JOSM for a week or two now so if my request is
out of line please do not take offense - or if its already possible to
do using some existing method please tell me or point me in the right
direction.

P.S
I never did find out how the JOSM "Duplicate Way" tool worked or what it does.

Best Regards
Mike