[talk-au] GPX editor

Stephen Hope slhope at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 01:30:51 BST 2007

On 9/20/07, spammed at aanet.com.au <spammed at aanet.com.au> wrote:

> On Thu, 2007-09-20 at 11:44 +1000, Stephen Hope wrote:
> 6) Not sure what happens if you cross over a <trkseg>.  Anyone else have
> a clue?

I don't have to worry about that part, there's only one trkseg for each
entire file.  But I would think that you would take out the end of the first
trkseg and the beginning of the next, so you'd just end up with one trkseg.
Unless there is some other tags in between - I've never seen a multi trkseg
file, so I'm not sure.

One thing I've discovered is that after editing, you can run the resulting
gpx file through GPSBabel going from gpx to gpx, and it will rebuild a
correct bounding tag, which is nice if you've chopped a really long file
into smaller bits. Some of my starting files where hundreds of kilometres
long, and they were just to big to work with easily.

Stephen