[talk-au] Osmarender

Brent Easton b.easton at exemail.com.au
Tue Sep 25 01:39:09 BST 2007

Hi Lachlan,

Funny thing, it was the sad sight of Port Phillip Bay that got me started on this. I have extended your coastline Eastwards to around Phillip island and have fixed up the oceantiles database and re-rendered the water section. Also did the Snowy river, upper murray and the gippsland coastline. I ran a lowzoom for the Melbourne and Gippsland tiles yesterday, so have a look now.

I have also fixed up the Vic/SA border to where it should be and got it rendered, plus a little of the Murray up on the corner - am just doing another lowzoom on that now. Osmarender currently does not render segments that pass through, but do not have a node inside a level 12 tile, so border lines need a node every few kilometres for Osmarender to 'see' them.

I am using the 'old-style' lowzoom script and doing it myself. I could not get the new-style lowzoom to work.

Regards,
Brent.