[talk-au] Osmarender

Cameron Patrick cameron at patrick.wattle.id.au
Thu Sep 27 12:06:40 BST 2007

Brent Easton wrote:

> >I must admit I didn't think a large area of water if tagged as
> >natural=water would render correctly in the tiles at home layer if it
> >spanned across two level 12 tiles.
>
> Yes, no problem. The renderers closes areas at the tile edges and fill
> them.

Indeed.  The problem arises in T at H when there's an entire z12 tile
enclosed by the area which doesn't contain any of the boundary points.
I'm not sure how Mapnik deals with this situation ... I believe it - or
rather, postgis - actually tests the tile for being enclosed by each
polygon, so everything is happy.

Cameron