[talk-au] Oneway tag

Stephen Hope slhope at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 03:20:04 BST 2007

I was checking on the usage of the oneway tag.  The osm wiki says that
oneway tags are not required on motorways and trunk roads, as they are
oneway by default. Does this apply in Australia also? (I assume so, but...)
How about motorway links?  Should I be removing oneway tags on these roads?

The reason I'm asking, is that the Bruce highway, once you get to about
Cooroy, isn't a divided road any more. It goes to one lane each way,
occasional passing lanes, and the odd bypass around towns. It would have to
be tagged as highway=trunk.  Should I also tag it with oneway=no?

Stephen Hope