[talk-au] Osmarender

James Andrewartha trs80 at tartarus.uwa.edu.au
Sun Sep 30 11:46:47 BST 2007

On Thu, 27 Sep 2007, Brent Easton wrote:

> >Keeping to the water theme, do people have any comments on
> >http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Proposed_features/Jetties_and_piers
> >and http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Proposed_features/Breakwater
>
> Well, man_made=pier is already approved, so I created about 500 last
> week when mapping Lake Macquarie. I'm not sure there is a need to
> distinguish between 'Jetties' and 'Piers'?

I've always used jetty in preference to pier, but having a quick look
online shows there are people who use jetty for what I'd call a
breakwater. Because of this confusion, and since pier is unambiguous and
already supported, I'll start using pier. Breakwater would still be nice
for Perth's coastline.

James Andrewartha