[talk-au] Routable OSM Garmin maps

Matt White mattwhite at iinet.net.au
Tue Dec 9 10:12:46 GMT 2008

I've created my first set of routable OSM maps for Garmin devices. For
those of you with such a device, have a go at downloading the IMG files
and see how the routing works.

The routing is fairly new for the mkgmap application, and will probably
improve rapidly over the next couple of weeks as more people try it
out.So bear with any floaws (ie routing cyclist along freeways) for the
moment. Also, I've noticed that it doesn't upload to MapSource as well
as you'd like.

If the maps are OK (I'm playing with them at the mo'), I'll setup
nightly builds on the IMG files to match the other three sets I'm
currently doing.

Download from http://www.osmaustralia.org

Matt.