[talk-au] Routable OSM Garmin maps

Matt White mattwhite at iinet.net.au
Tue Dec 9 11:09:14 GMT 2008

Paul wrote:
> Well done, i wonder how Radomir get his in Mapsource files generated from OSM?
>
> ie here:
>
> http://emexes.powweb.com/osm/download.html
>
> Paul

I didn't actually do anything (apart from a 28 line batch script) :-)

Radomir converts the OSM data file to Polish format (same as me, and
probably uses the same osm2mp perl script that Liosha wrote), but then I
think he uses the online generator at mapcenter.cgpsmapper.com to build
the maps (which backends into cGPSMapper).

cGPSmapper is probably the better engine at this stage, but it's
commercial (and even the personal, non-commercial routing licence is
expensive @ ~$750USD). But give mkgmap time, and it might get up there...

Matt