[talk-au] Routable OSM Garmin maps

Nick Hocking nick.hocking at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 11:36:52 GMT 2008

Hi Matt, thanks for doing these.

I've just copied the NSW img file onto a Garmin Nuvi 260. (as gmapsupp.img)

The map displays perfectly and I can search successfully for POIs. The OSM
copyright comes up nicely too.
However I can't search for addresses since it doesn't recognise NSW or new
south wales as a state.
Also it wont use the streets on the map for routing between any two points.
I tried to load it into mapsource but mapsource
said it was not a valid format.

The radomir maps work perfectly but there seems to be a problem (probably
legal) that prevents him from implementing
roundabouts. In Canberra this is a real issue. The gosmore routable maps
also work perfectly ( under windows mobile 5 or 6), however its
verbalisations are almost non existant and is therefore unsuitable for use
in a car.

Nick