[talk-au] What gives with roundabouts?

Stephen Hope slhope at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 07:17:33 GMT 2008

At a guess, they wanted to use one of the roads for something that
would be easier if it was in one piece, rather than split. A
mini-roundabout is just one node in a way, while a roundabout breaks
it up.

By the way, it's not being lazy if it really is a mini-roundabout.  If
the island fits inside the road width, then it's a mini roundabout.
On the other hand I've seen them used for turning circles - that
really annoys me.  Except for one street I know which actually has a
mini-roundabout at the end of the street.  It's really odd, as it
makes getting into one of the driveways a real pain.