[talk-au] What gives with roundabouts?

Ian Sergeant isergean at hih.com.au
Thu Dec 11 01:55:13 GMT 2008

> I've looked back through the logs, found the one discussion, noted that
> it was basically a 4-3 split of contributors and since every discussion
> on it has been "we discussed it and decided this". Hardly a consensus
> in my mind.

Since you made the effort to go back through the logs, and re-read the
discussion that took place then, I'm surprised you would reach the
conclusion that peoples position was solely related to effort.

I disagree that there hasn't been consensus on its use.  There always have
been differences of opioion, but as you say, most people have been happy to
accept that it is the way it is.  That is consensus.

I feel the approach you are taking is wrong.  There are reasonable
arguments to use a mini-roundabout tag in Australia where it is currently
being used.  If you want to convince people to not use it, and to map using
junction, take the time to understand and address those arguments, and
convince people that the best way is the way you are suggesting.  Don't
dismiss its proponents as lazy, or worse still as disruptive.  Many of its
these people have been valuable contributors to getting the map done.

Ian.