[talk-au] Beginner advice [was Re: Geelong problems]

Matt White mattwhite at iinet.com.au
Thu Dec 11 10:37:31 GMT 2008

Paul Zagoridis wrote:
> Sorry for top-posting I'm getting my head around outlook and it sucks.
>
> So I've read the beginner page of the wiki, use JOSM, upload GPS traces, but
> I can't get my head around how best to help. Given I'll have some time over
> summer any suggestions on what to do next?
>
> Regards
>
> Paul

There's plenty of empty bits to map... depending on where you are, have
a crack at cleaning up the local roads (adding phone boxes, post boxes
etc), or get out and about for some of the unmapped roads. If you're
Garmin equipped, grab one of the Garmin maps and try and drive where
there are no roads on the GPS :-)

If you're Melbourne or surrounds based, then the western suburbs need
some serious loving, along with Box Hill, Doncaster, Heidelberg and
Warrandyte. If you're rural, then there will be heaps to do (unless you
live in Taralgon and Neil has beaten you to it).

Matt