[talk-au] Time to grow up...

Darrin Smith beldin at beldin.org
Sat Dec 13 07:42:45 GMT 2008

On Sat, 13 Dec 2008 13:27:50 +1100
Matt White <mattwhite at iinet.net.au> wrote:

> Anyway, I've been playing around in JOSM, and I've made some changes,
> and uploaded them, but it was giving me warnings or something about
> overlapped areas. I couldn't see anything I'd screwed up too badly,
> but was wondering if anyone with more JOSM experience than myself (so
> you'd need at least 43 mins of JOSM expererience to fulfull the
> requirement), could cast a quick eye over what I just did, and make
> sure I haven't cocked it up too bad.

From what I can tell, the JOSM validation will say it has
overlapping areas when 2 adjacent closed ways share a common
consecutive pair of nodes (i.e. a common line). I get the impression
it's a matter of personal opinion whether or not you leave it like that
or separate it in to 2 adjacent parallel ways with separate points (or
even every 2nd point common if you want to be tricky I guess ;)

--

=b