[talk-au] Time to grow up...

Roy Rankin rrankin at ihug.com.au
Sat Dec 13 08:34:26 GMT 2008

The error message which is significant is the overlapping ways message
for the runway. I have seen this on occasion, but do not know why it
happens. Note that there are arrows on both ends of the runway and if
you select the overlapping ways error, only one set of nodes appear.

There are two ways between the same two nodes.

To fix this add a node near the centre of the way and then shift this
node and you should get a triangle.  Select the node you created. While
holding shift, select one of the end nodes and then type p. Select the
way between these two nodes and delete the way. Select your new node and
delete it.

In regards to the overlapping areas, caused by common area boundaries I
usually ignore them.(you can select each validation message and then
click "ignore". Then you will not see the message again).  When better
images become available it is much easier to adjust shared boundaries if
they use the same nodes,.

Note that for city areas such as parks, I draw the boundaries inside the
surrounding roads. After all there is usually a footpath between the
park and the road.

Regards,
Roy Rankin