[talk-au] Wild guess surveying

Liz edodd at billiau.net
Wed Dec 17 10:28:05 GMT 2008

On Wed, 17 Dec 2008, Sam Couter wrote:
> > A straight line between two places is better than no line.
>
> A straight line is at least topographically correct, which for road
> navigation is incredibly useful.
> --

*If* the ways are actually connected.
While this list recently looked at Geelong and saw this problem, there is a
prolific maker of ways in CentralWest NSW who does this, that is, makes many
unconnected ways, ways cross with no node, ways have no names, and the ways
don't line up with GPS traces.
Actually my significant other has a long list of complaints about this "maker