[talk-au] National Park & Marine Park boundaries

b.schulz.10 at scu.edu.au b.schulz.10 at scu.edu.au
Wed Dec 17 11:16:10 GMT 2008

As it stands this hasn't really been addressed. Generally I just mark what's on the ground, ie the natural=wood boundary as this tends to give a reasonable indication of the national park boundary anyway. Obviously this has limits, but unless some government authority grants us use of their maps there's nothing we can really do about it.

It's worth noting that I don't believe that anyone's actually tried approaching a government body about it.

As for marine boundaries go, why isn't a set of GPS co-ordinates sufficient to map out various zones? Unless there's some form of copyright on the location of the zone itself it should be ok just to draw onto the map purely based on these numbers.

If you want to get a bit more adventurous it's probably possible to programme in the set of co-ordinates as a GPS route then hop in a boat and trace the lines out in real life, but I don't see why this would really be required.

Brent.