[talk-au] Routable OSM Garmin maps

Matt White mattwhite at iinet.com.au
Fri Dec 26 22:36:42 GMT 2008

Cameron wrote:
> Matt,
>
> Two things:
>
> One, I don't think these are being generated daily/correctly. Some
> places I've edited aren't showing up and my super-stealth google
> powers indicate that the filesizes for all the maps are the same today
> as they were on dec 22nd when google last cached the page. Could you
> check it out please.
>
> Two, actually I managed to figure out a suitable solution.
> wget --post-data
> 'u=garminroute%2FSA_route.img.zip&f=database%2FSA_route.img.zip.count'
> http://www.osmaustralia.org/download.php
> instead of wget http://www.osmaustralia.org/garminroute/SA_route.img.zip
> in a bash script will mean you get to count your downloads nicely
> (thought I'd post it here incase anyone else was doing the same.)
I'll have a look. I was playing around with the setup yesterday, but I
didn't actually check the upload process to make sure the routable maps
were getting uploaded (they are getting created though).

I've also changed the generation around a little to use the new styles,
and I'm going to play with the map styling a bit on a couple of the maps
to see if it can be improved.

Not worried about the download count... so go hard with the simple wget
solution

Matt