[talk-au] Adelaide out of copyright street directory

Tue Dec 30 20:40:16 GMT 2008

All,

I have recently been into the SA state library and found an out of copyright
SA street directory (from the 40s.) They had both Fuller's and Gregory's
directories but the Gregory's were far easier to read and thus, to copy.

They are photocopying it for me now and once I have the copy I hope to scan
it and make it available online (they wouldn't let me take photos of it or
scan it myself, and to have them scan it was $6 a page. Photocopying was 30c
a page :) The directory was 50 pages.

Some streets have changed names or changed course, and it doesn't show
anything built in the last 60 years, but I think it is still a useful
resource for quick naming of streets traced from Yahoo! imagery in the older
areas of Adelaide.

~Cameron