[talk-au] Blocked roads and tram route naming

Matt White mattwhite at iinet.com.au
Sat Feb 2 04:52:51 GMT 2008

Brent Easton wrote:
>> Secondly, how should the Tram routes be named. If the tram runs down the
>> middle of Nicholson Street, then the way is tagged as highway=tertiary,
>> name=Nicholson Street, railway=tram. But what's the go with marking that
>> tram route as Route 96?
>>

> Rather than reusing the road way as the tram track, I would draw a second way over the top and tag is with the railway=tram and the route number.

I originally did that for nicholson street, but it makes it really
difficult to join the side streets properly to it, sometimes you hit the
tram line, sometimes you get the road, and always it looks dodgy...

I looked around at what else was going on, and it seems that very little
of the tram netwrok has been done, bar the bits where the tram is
spearate to the rpad (the easy bits).

Matt