[talk-au] Tagging questions

Stuart Robinson brainwad at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 01:19:58 GMT 2008

Well you can't copy from Melway. Best to try ringing up council or
department of lands. or vicroads? (I'm not sure how your road bureaucracy
works, I'm in Sydney).

On Feb 11, 2008 12:17 PM, Russell Lang <gsview at ghostgum.com.au> wrote:

> Stuart,
> >> How do you tag an ambiguous name.  One end of way is marked Michael St,
> >> the other says Michael Av.  What is the accepted way to obtain the
> >> correct  name, avoiding copyright maps?
> >
> >
> > Looking at street signs. If street signs lie, well... at least our maps
> > are an accurate representation of facts on the ground.
> I didn't explain that well enough.  It is only a short street, about 200
> metres long.
> The western end has a street sign "Michael Av".  The eastern end has a
> street sign "Michael St".  I could label it with the name used by Melway
> and the Lands Department, but I was wondering if there are any other
> Victorian online sources where you can confirm the name, and which don't
> have restrictions on how you can use the information.
> Of course I could ring up the council and ask them, and then get them to
> correct their sign...

Version: 3.1
GCS dpu s: a18 C++ UL++ P+ L(+++) E--- W+++ N-- o+ K? w+++(---) O---- M-- V?
PS+ PE+++ Y? PGP-- t+ 5? X? R-- tv-- b++(+) DI++++ D+ G e* h! r !y+
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk-au/attachments/20080211/6f3a46a0/attachment.html>

More information about the Talk-au mailing list