[talk-au] Tagging questions

Liz edodd at billiau.net
Mon Feb 11 11:12:10 GMT 2008

On Mon, 11 Feb 2008, Mike R wrote:
>  "How do you tag an ambiguous name.  One end of way is marked Michael St,
> the other says Michael Av.  What is the accepted way to obtain the correct
> name, avoiding copyright maps?"
>
> Hi Russell, in NSW you can access the official database of road names via
> the Land & Property Information website. If you can't look up this database
> to verify the official name of a street without infringing copyright, then
> the database is pretty pointless.
>
> Mike R

have you got a link for this database?
I've just been looking and haven't found it
the lpi site is subsumed into the lands department site now, and i've found
some very interesting things, but nowhere yet I can confirm a street name

Rankins Springs, pop 112, is quite interesting.
The council map online, the national toilet map and google maps are all quite
different - and none of them look like what we found on the ground. Sensis
data is closest but still not the same as what is on the street signs.
The ability to check on-line would really help.