[talk-au] How Do I?

Liz edodd at billiau.net
Tue Feb 12 07:15:52 GMT 2008

On Tue, 12 Feb 2008, Elizabeth Dodd wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Feb 2008, Stephen Hope wrote:
> > Liz,
> >
> > There are arguments about this from time to time.  Generally, the
> > abutters tags seem to be falling out of favour, though some people
> > still like them.
> >
> > The general consensus seems to be to mark up an area and use landuse=
> > tags.  The good part about these is they render as area shading,
> > rather than shading along the edge of a line. And you can have
> > different things along different parts of a street, or on opposite
> > sides, etc.
> >
> > The bad part is you need to know how big the area is to use them - if
> > you are driving along a street, how do you know how far back the
> > houses go, and what is behind them? More houses, a farm, industry?
> >
> > See http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Key:landuse for more on
> > the landuse tag
> >
> > Stephen
>
> and the one I forgot isn't on the list
>

> the airport??

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Tagwatch/Descriptions/en
now i've found this list,
and there are two things I can't find

a communication tower (microwave or mobile phone or tv / radio transmission)
things to do with quarantine - the quarantine boundaries and the inspection
points (permanent and temporary) and the fruit disposal bins.

liz