[talk-au] Copyright in Australia (Was: Tagging questions)

80n 80n80n at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 13:05:42 GMT 2008

I don't really understand why you guys are wanting so much to get a free
ride.

The really important thing about OSM is to create a map that we can be sure
does not infringe anyone else's copyright.  It really doesn't matter how
long that takes.

In my mind, if there's the slightest doubt about any particular source then
it should discounted out of hand.   If people have to visit every single
street on the planet, then so be it - that's the fun part of the project
anyway.

80n