[talk-au] New Mapper Sydney Campbelltown Randwick Help: Hi and Help?

Brent Easton b.easton at exemail.com.au
Wed Feb 13 23:19:11 GMT 2008

>I would suggest an additional constraint, that it be possible for a truck
>or bus to drive over the roundabout.  I know one small roundabout near a
>primary school, where it is common for a bus to put two wheels over the
>roundabout.  So mini_roundabout could be used for a small roundabout that
>is paved in the middle, but should not be used for one that has a garden
>or keep left sign posts in the middle.  This would produce routing
>information for larger vehicles that is consistent with the UK.

Yes, that sounds reasonable. Remember, it is still a very much personal thing. There is no right or wrong answer, just guidelines.

>So where should this be documented?
>  http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Australian_Roads_Tagging

Yes, I think this page should be renamed from 'Australian Roads Tagging' to 'Australian Tagging Guidelines' and cover all guidelines we develop through discussion on this list.

>Anybody got a link to the original discussion?  (I only recently joined
>the list)

These will be in the talk-au archives somewhere at http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk-au/

Regards,
Brent.