[talk-au] [OT] linux-garmin-serial

Andrew Loughhead andrew at incanberra.com.au
Thu Feb 14 11:55:19 GMT 2008

Liz,

Its been a while, I've lost my notes, and I don't have either a garmin
gps handy or gpsbabel loaded right now, but it should be something like:

   gpsbabel -t -i garmin -f /dev/ttyS0 -o gpx -F outputfile.gpx

Without the -t, it should write waypoints into outputfile.gpx  Use -t
for tracks and -r for routes.

gpsbabel home page also mentions to be sure that nothing else is using
the serial port, such as gpsd.

hth
Andrew.