[talk-au] Query on how to join a dual carriageway to a street

Andrew Cumming andrew at dualarrow.com
Sun Jan 13 14:30:20 GMT 2008

Hi,

I've started adding some streets to Ellenbrook (so if you have worked
on Gnagara Rd you may want to make sure I added to the Lord st
roundabout correctly).

I'm trying to determine how I should create a junction to form a t
junction between a single carriageway and a dual carriageway. In this
instance, it's Pinaster Pde and some of the side streets. I have
looked at other sections of road already done and various wiki pages
but haven't been able to determine what the correct way is.

Do I put a node on both carriageways and extend the side street to
merge with both nodes ? This seems the most logical way as you can
get on to either carriageway from the side street.

Also, Just checking on my methods. Most of my data is collected while
walking, so I'm not actually on the road. I plot the road just to the
side of where I have walked. Is this going to maintain sufficient
accuracy ? I'm assuming it is, but just making sure I'm not making a mess.

Thanks,
Andrew