[talk-au] Kangaroo Island SA

Darrin Smith beldin at beldin.org
Thu Jun 5 09:40:47 BST 2008

On Thu, 5 Jun 2008 18:29:12 +1000
Liz <edodd at billiau.net> wrote:

> On Thu, 5 Jun 2008, Darrin Smith wrote:
> > It's tragic to see that as usual with most of the people who dive in
> > they haven't actually checked out the AU or SA wiki which make it
> > pretty clear what should be primary roads in rural areas and have
> > gone primary crazy...
> >
> > I did the B23, and if I didnt put tags on it I can tell you it
> > should be source:yahoo.
> >
> > --
>
> I've driven a select few SA roads in the SE corner (from my point of
> view) I waypoint each corner and try to record the name of the road,
> then when bored trace the side roads off landsat.
> Despite initial complete confusion in my head about what road is what
> grade, I think I've got it right at last.

I wasn't talking about your roads Liz :) they seem to be pretty
reasonable 99% of the time ;) From what I can see is your work you seem
to go on the "everythings unclassified unless it's special" type
thinking, whereas a few of our newer mappers in SA seem to follow a
"everything remotely main is a primary" and as that flows down we end
up with every 4th road a secondary and every 2nd road a tertiary. Makes
a great rainbow, but not so useful as a street map.

--

=b