[talk-au] should we migrate to osm forum

David Dean ddean at ieee.org
Sat Jun 7 21:48:14 BST 2008

Mtrax,

mtrax wrote:

> Do you think we should request a section to Australian users?
> I personally find it easier to respond on forums than mailing lists.

Yes, having an australian section on the forum would of course be useful,
and it seems to be that moving to forums would probably be the long term
trend in this kind of thing. However, if you still want to access the
mailing list but in a forum-like format, have you tried gmane.org or
nabble.com ? For example, I use
http://www.nabble.com/OpenStreetMap---Australian-Talk-f35319.html to read
the Australian mailing list so that I can subscribe to the resulting RSS
feed in Google Reader. Same with the general and routing mailing lists.

If we moved to forum-based discussions I would hope full-text RSS feeds
could be provided, but they don't seem to exist on the OSM forums at the
moment at least.

- David