[talk-au] Australian tagging guidelines for Cycle Map

Ben Kelley ben.kelley at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 21:16:58 BST 2008

Hi.

There are plenty of lcn routes that have off-road sections, so this would be
very confusing.

I guess the question is: When is a route local and when is it regional?

In NSW the RTA does have a plan for regional cycle routes, but I don't think
it has been implemented yet.

IMHO Routes created by the local council are probably local, but there's
probably a grey area in between.

A large cycleway, or an on-road route that crosses a number of council areas
is probably regional. (e.g. Bay to Bay route, or M7 cycleway in Sydney)

 - Ben.