[talk-au] should we migrate to osm forum

Ben Kelley ben.kelley at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 21:21:34 BST 2008

Hi.

On Thu, Jun 12, 2008 at 11:37 AM, Kim Hawtin <kim.hawtin at adelaide.edu.au>
wrote:

> Email is a lot more convenient and its a lot faster to use and check new
> messages.
> If you don't have a mail account, get a gmail account.
> Gmail deals with lists well and the groups are pretty good too.

Contrary to a previous message on this topic, a lot of employers block
personal e-mail  (e.g. gmail) because they are worried about liability.

Although the fact that the login to the OSM forum is synced to the OSM
login, I think the OSM forum is a bit .... feature poor. e.g. No RSS.
Although I like forums in general, in this case I vote for staying with
e-mail.

 - Ben.