[talk-au] Sydney cycle routes

Ben Kelley ben.kelley at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 20:02:18 GMT 2008

Hi.

I noticed the other day there is a sign near my house marking a cycle route.

The NSW RTA published some maps years ago telling you where the routes are,
but the maps are very hard to come by now.

The signs marking them tend to be white with blue writing, and sometimes
just a little blue sign with a white bicycle on it. My experience has been
that you need to know where the route goes, because there aren't enough
signs to stop you getting lost.

Does anyone know a reference for these Sydney cycle routes? Does anyone know
if the "route numbers" are still used? I know some signs still have them -
if you can find them. e.g. L10 and L11 near my house. I'm guessing they are
"local" routes from an OSM sense rather than regional or national.

Have other people been marking the route numbers in Sydney?

It would be good if the cycle map had some detail in Australian cities to
help find where other people have marked cycle routes.

 - Ben Kelley.