[talk-au] more copyright stuff

Sam Couter sam at couter.id.au
Fri May 9 11:27:19 BST 2008

Darrin Smith <beldin at beldin.org> wrote:
> Sad really, such a decision relegates around 75% of all human endeavour
> as copyright infringement, very logical laws.

That's what Australian copyright laws aim for. Ripping your CDs to an
MP3 player or your computer is a breach of Australian copyright. You
also don't have the right to make a backup.

Australian law considers copies of software in RAM during execution of
the software installed on the hard drive as a copy. It's retarded. We've
all been criminals since 1788, why stop now?
Sam Couter         |  mailto:sam at couter.id.au