[talk-au] new mapper with bad experience

Darrin Smith beldin at beldin.org
Sun May 25 07:29:03 BST 2008

On Sun, 25 May 2008 15:15:32 +0930
Andy Zivkovic <andy at ziv.id.au> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> A few weeks ago I found out about OSM. Actually, it was when someone
> posted about it on the Linux SA mailing list. Anyway, I checked OSM
> and noticed that none of the streets in my suburb were mapped
> (Hallett Cove, SA). So, I thought I'd have a go at doing it.

Welcome Andy, I noticed your work down there the other day, good to see
someone down south making some contributions :) Looks nice so far.

> So, this has somewhat dampened my enthusiasm for mapping, but I think
> I'd still like to finish off my suburb at least. I'll obviously be a
> lot more careful where I stop and will try to avoid places where I
> feel obligated to pull over as far as I can.

Oh yeah, it's a challenge at times to park quickly and safely :) I've
also found it's very useful to make sure you let people go past even if
they're quite a safe distance away when pulling out because you
inevitably end up pulling up again pretty quickly anyway :)

--

=b