[talk-au] new mapper with bad experience

Liz edodd at billiau.net
Sun May 25 08:48:06 BST 2008

On Sun, 25 May 2008, Andy Zivkovic wrote:
> The road's pretty steep and I wouldn't be comfortable changing tyres
> anywhere other than a very level area, so I drove home since it wasn't
> far, but the sounds coming from the wheel weren't pleasant. It doesn't
> look like anything was damaged, so I'm hoping it was just the rim edges
> pressing against the deflated tyre on the road. You know what the kicker
> is though? Today's my birthday. I quite enjoy using JOSM to do the
> mapping, so I thought I'd do this while I have a few hours break between
> events. Oh well.
>
> So, this has somewhat dampened my enthusiasm for mapping, but I think
> I'd still like to finish off my suburb at least. I'll obviously be a lot
> more careful where I stop and will try to avoid places where I feel
> obligated to pull over as far as I can.
>
> Andy

Happy birthday Andy
My Easter trip to Cobar proved very expensive
I made a mistake crossing a flooded creek crossing _ not even a creek to map
and still haven't got my car back on the road
i managed to get water into the diesel engine, bent a conrod, tore the timing
belt and a few other things
still the car got us the last 150km home

i'm waiting on more spares to come in for the car and hopefully will be using
it in a coupla thousand dollars time