[talk-au] new mapper with bad experience

Ian Sergeant isergean at hih.com.au
Mon May 26 00:24:34 BST 2008

Andy Zivkovic <andy at ziv.id.au> wrote:

> So, this has somewhat dampened my enthusiasm for mapping, but I think
> I'd still like to finish off my suburb at least. I'll obviously be a lot
> more careful where I stop and will try to avoid places where I feel
> obligated to pull over as far as I can.

Hi Andy,

A few suggestions..

1. Get on your bike!  (with a handlebar mounted GPS of course).  The fresh
air is great out there..

2. Look at the audio recording stuff in JOSM.  Crank up your recording mp3
player, and just say the street names (spelling if required) as you pass
them.  JOSM lets you forward your GPS trace to see what you said at certain
points.  See the wiki.

Good luck.

Ian.