[talk-au] Which GPS receiver, Where to buy

Thomas Sprinkmeier thomas.sprinkmeier at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 00:15:08 BST 2008

On Wed, 2008-10-01 at 09:03 +1000, Thomas Schröder wrote:
> Hi *,
>
> I am new to the openstreetmap and wonder what would be a good GPS
> receiver. [The Scytex NaviGPS / Locosys (B)GT-11 looks very nice and
> small].

> And where I can buy them (maybe in Brissi or online).

This question comes up every now and then, most recently:

http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk-au/2008-September/thread.html

http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk-au/2008-September/000934.html

"good" depends on requirements (screen, uploading maps, battery life,
waypoints, accuracy, price etc. etc.)

I've got the DG-100 and I'm happy with it (cheap, talks to gpsbabel, no
screen, minimal features). It's the only GPS I've ever had so I have
nothing to compare it to (ignorance may indeed be bliss :-)

> tschuess
> tom

servus,
Thomas
--
Reporter: "What do you think of Western Civilization?"
Gandhi  : "I think it would be a good idea!"