[talk-au] How to merge existing ways with Potlatch?

Thomas Schroeder Thomas.Schroeder at red-sofa.de
Thu Oct 9 13:42:44 BST 2008

Hi,

I try to merge two existing ways with Potlatch, but it does not work.
I followed the documentation:
----cite-start---
To merge two ways into one:

    * Draw your way as normal.
    * When you move your mouse over another way, the points light up blue.
    * Shift-click the blue point at the start or end of the other way.
    * Or: if the ways are already drawn, select one, then hold Shift and click
the other.
----cite-end----

Selecting one and Shift click the other always results in the
error/message "The ways do not share a common point".

How do I create a "common point" or merge points?

tschuess
Thomas

--
Thomas Schroeder