[talk-au] diary entry with interesting visualization of users contributions

Matt White mattwhite at iinet.com.au
Mon Oct 13 12:04:38 BST 2008

That's pretty cool. Good to see someone else is a potlatch junkie -
never really did like JOSM much, and Merkaator doesn't float my boat either.

It's really interesting looking at the growth of Melbourne (and
Australia). I've got nightly dumps for Australia going back a fair way,
and the Oz "planet" file has doubled in size in the last 10 months
(220Mb to 443Mb). So there's a fair few people doing work now (although
interestingly there's actually only a few dozen serious mappers
Australia-wide, who probably account for 90% of all the mapping done)

Matt