[talk-au] Road numbers in Garmin

Diego Molla dmollaaliod at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 01:30:48 BST 2008

[Some time ago I sent a similar email from a different email address
and I think it never made it to the group]

In a recent trip I was comparing Shonkymaps and OSM on my Garmin GPSr
and I saw that Shonkymaps displays a floating icon with the road
number for major roads. I thought this was cool, and easier to read
the road numbers. Here'e a screen-shot from the Shonkymaps site:

http://shonkylogic.net/shonkymaps/images/SANY1373.JPG

Does anybody know if this can be done with OSM as well? I looked at
the documentation on how to render OSM in Garmin but didn't see
anything about road numbers.

Diego

--

  This message is intended for the addressee named and may
  contain confidential information.  If you are not the intended
Diego MOLLA ALIOD                                 diego at ics.mq.edu.au
Department of Computing               http://www.ics.mq.edu.au/~diego
Macquarie University