[talk-au] Edits in and around Mt Barker, SA

Liz edodd at billiau.net
Tue Oct 21 08:04:19 BST 2008

On Tue, 21 Oct 2008, bluemm1975-osm at yahoo.com wrote:
> . A normal suburban roundabout should just be a circle (I use 8 corners)
> with the 4 ways connected. Merkaartor has a roundabout tool where you click
> a crossing, select the diameter of the roundabout and it creates a circle
> with the ways cropped off to it (JOSM might have something similar). Some
> people mapping Melbourne use mini-roundabout's to save time, but it's only
> for mini UK style ones with a tiny white painted circle in the middle of
> the intersection.

We did decide on this list that for us, in Au, we'd stick with Brent's
definition, that if the roundabout fitted within the width of the road, it
would be a mini-roundabout.
I can't imagine any Austrylyan driver paying any attention to a painted circle
on the road pretending to be a roundabout - they only see concrete barriers.